KeyStaff is seeking a Bender Operator for the Buda, TX area.
This position will be working the bending machines (like computers), bending rebar steel. They are essentially helpers/machinist (repetitive work, moving steel). They work outside in the weather and it’s hot, intense work, but not too terrible. There will be heavy lifting. They like young people who have some experience playing video games because they are hoping they can train these guys to be crane operators, which is like the controllers for video games.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Comply with safety procedures and regulations at all times
- Receives material from loader and inspects bundle for uniformity and inventory tags, SAP tags, and partial tags if bundles are open
- Sets up bending machine by keying required information from production tags (i.e. pin size, bend degree, quantity, forward/reverse deductions)
- Returns partial stock bundles to inventory by counting bars and recording the information
- Actively communicates with co-workers, supervisors, and other personnel about production issues
- Unload and load materials from trucks using forklifts and/or overhead crane
- Performs general housekeeping duties by sweeping, picking up trash, removing trip hazards
- Constantly perform a wide range of physical activities which include pulling, reaching, bending over, climbing, and kneeling
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Stand for long periods of time
- Uncontrolled climate environment – exposure to heat, cold, rain, and wind and other duties as assigned
KeyStaff, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. KeyStaff, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability unrelated to an individual’s ability to perform adequately, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.