Customer service representatives work in a fast-paced environment answering moderately complex incoming inquiries through telephone calls and email from Texas state employees and retirees with questions regarding health, dental, and life insurance benefits, retirement eligibility, and retirement or benefits problem resolution issues. Customer service representatives educate employees and retirees and promote other services that assist members with retirement account information, insurance benefits, and retirement eligibility. Work is performed under the supervision of the Customer Service Supervisor with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Efficiently answers questions, educates, and counsels members regarding state employee benefits programs, including insurance, retirement, online tools, and any related matters.
- Communicates tactfully and provides information in a clear and concise manner. Manages communication style to match customers with various levels of knowledge and experience.
- Uses sound decision-making and judgment skills and appropriately applies and interprets existing law, pending legislation, rules, policies and procedures.
- Promotes related tools, services, and programs.
- Provides exceptional service as defined by customer service guidelines.
- Assists customer service leadership with handling moderately complex member inquiries.
- Provides moderate training support to other customer service personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university. Each year of relevant experience over the required minimum may be substituted for education.
- Three (3) years customer service experience.
- Experience applying and explaining complex law, rules, policies or procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and effective use of Windows based computer software, including Microsoft Office and Internet Explorer.
- Experience in human resources related field including health insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plans or other employee benefits.
- College or professional development coursework in human resources, insurance, retirement plans or other employee benefits.
- Must- Ability to type at least 40 words per minute.
KeyStaff, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. KeyStaff, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability unrelated to an individual’s ability to perform adequately, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.