Job Summary: A successful manufacturing and distribution company is actively recruiting for a Mixing Machine Operator. The ideal candidate will be available to work overtime hours, able to lift 100 pounds, and have a strong work ethic. We need ambitious and hardworking people who do not mind working in hot or cold conditions and can work an entire 8-12-hour shift on their feet. The person in this position will set up, operate, and tend mixing machines to mix or blend bulk material.
Compensation: $14.25 per hour
- Weigh or measure materials, ingredients, or products to ensure conformance to requirements.
- Compound or process ingredients or material, according to formulas.
- Read work orders to determine production specifications or information.
- Observe production or monitor equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation.
- Mix or blend ingredients by starting machines and mixing for specified times.
- Dump or pour specified amounts of materials into machinery or equipment.
- Collect samples of materials or products for testing.
- Operate or tend machines to mix or blend bulk cement.
- Add or mix materials for processing, using hand tools or other devices.
- Stop mixing or blending machines when specified product qualities are obtained and open valves and start pumps to transfer mixtures.
- Examine materials or products visually or with hands to ensure conformance to established standards.
- Transfer materials, supplies, or products between work areas, using moving equipment or hand tools.
- Test samples of materials or products to ensure compliance with specifications, using test equipment.
- Record operational or production data on specified forms.
- Tend accessory equipment, such as pumps or conveyors, to move materials or ingredients through production processes.
- Unload mixtures into containers or onto conveyors for further processing.
- Clean and maintain equipment.
- Dislodge and clear jammed materials or other items from machinery or equipment.
- General housekeeping and sweeping operations.
- Packaging masonry cement in large bulk super sack packaging.
- Securing “ties” for closing bags and placing covers over super sack bagged product.
- Hoses are connected to trailer and silo for transporting the product to the silos with the material needed for blending, filling, and packaging product.
- Perform appropriate duties as assigned by management.
- Maintain a safe and clean work space.
- Follow established safety rules and regulations.
- Adhere to quality and customer service standards set forth by the company.
- Identify safety hazards in the workplace.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities
- Communication proficiency
- Mathematical skills
- Time management
Work Environment: This position works in a non-climate-controlled warehouse setting, with outdoor exposure during the workday. This role routinely uses standard warehouse equipment such as box cutters and tape dispensers.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time, non-exempt hourly position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 5:00 am to 5:00 pm. All applicants must be able and willing to work overtime and weekends when required by management.
Required Education and Experience:
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings, weekends and overtime.
- Ability to lift 100 pounds and stand for 8-12-hour work shift.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment respirator certification and fit test for half face respirator.
- Must be clean shaven daily to wear respirator.
- Team-oriented and self-directed.
- Ability to work in non-climate-controlled work environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Committed to quality and safety.
- Required PPE for position includes: respirator, hard hat, safety glasses, ear plugs, chemical resistant gloves, steel toe boots, chemical resistant apron and Tyvek suit.
- Dress code for position: long sleeve shirt with undershirt, work pants or jeans, and extra cotton t-shirt for neck protection/PPE.
- Background check and pre-employment drug test required.