KeyStaff is seeking a Procurement Specialist for the San Marcos area!
Employee Hourly Rate: $18/hour
Job description: The purpose of this job is to provide support with purchasing, procurement of goods/services, contracting, central receiving, accounts payable and contracting to San Marcos and Round Rock Student Health Center locations.
Procurement, purchasing and contracting including:
- Research goods and service options for procurement requests in accordance with state laws;
- Create Purchase Requisitions &/or Purchase Orders in SAP;
- Purchase goods using a Procurement card within guidelines;
- Reconcile credits, invoices and reports; resolve discrepancies;
- Research and resolve vendor setup and accounts payable issues;
- Confirm receipt of new orders; prepare change notices; process Goods Receipts
- Process invoices for payment
- Assist in reconciling monthly reports;
- Create, maintain and reconcile spreadsheets to work products;
- Monitor framework purchase order balances to ensure expenses stay within budget;
- Monitor Open Encumbrance Report; process unencumbrance requests and close purchase orders;
- Assist with service and contract renewals;
- Maintain purchase order and contract files;
- Maintain Contract Repository & Total Contract Manager;
- Research problems related to area of assignment
1) General purchasing/procurement experience.
2) Knowledge of general accounting principles.
3) Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office 2010, including Word, Excel and Outlook plus Internet Explorer. Testing of computer skills may be required. (Must indicate specific software applications in which you have experience on the application, resume or cover letter).
- Experience with Quickbooks software.
- Experience using SAP information system for procurement and reconciling departmental expenditures.
- Two years general purchasing/procurement experience.
- Texas Contract Developer Certification (CTCD). Previous certification as Certified Texas Purchasing Manager (CTPM) is also acceptable.