Job Summary: A successful manufacturing and distribution company is looking for a Production Coordinator who can multitask! The Production Coordinator will coordinate and expedite the flow of work and materials within or between departments according to the production schedule. Other responsibilities include reviewing and distributing production, work, and shipment schedules; conferring with department supervisors to determine progress of work and completion dates; and compiling reports on progress of work, inventory levels, costs, and production problems. If you enjoy multitasking and working in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment and have related work experience, we want to hear from you!
- Strong multitasking skills required.
- Distribute production schedules or work orders to departments.
- Review documents such as production schedules and work orders to determine personnel or material requirement and priorities.
- Collaborate with department supervisors or other personnel to assess progress and discuss needed changes.
- Work with other departments, vendors, or customers to coordinate production or shipping activities and to resolve complaints or eliminate delays.
- Record production data, including units produced, consumption of raw materials, or quality control measures.
- Compile and prepare documentation related to production sequences, transportation, production schedules, or purchase orders.
- Provide documentation and information to account for delays, problems, or changes to cost estimates.
- Examine documents, materials, or products and monitor work processes to assess completeness, accuracy, and conformance to standards and specifications.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Ability to multitask
- Communication proficiency
- Organizational skills
- Time management
- Technical capacity
- Customer/client focus
- Personal effectiveness/credibility Work Environment:
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time non-exempt salary position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 am to 4:00 pm. All applicants must be able and willing to work overtime and weekends when required by management.
Required Education & Experience:
- Ability to multitask
- High School Diploma or GED with experience in manufacturing, masonry, construction or similar preferred
- Minimum of 1+ years’ experience in manufacturing
- Minimum of 1+ years’ experience in construction industry preferred
- Proven knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control and costs
- General understanding of the concepts and formulas required to forecast annual usage for raw materials
- General understanding of bill of material or “BOM”
- General understanding of MRP process (materials requirement planning process)
- Effective at maximizing production and distribution of materials
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Must be motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to consistently meet all deadlines
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and communication skills
- Ability to work well with others
- Self-starter with an aggressive work ethic that appreciates constant improvement